Escellsia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escellsia

A realm both vast and mysterious, largely unexplored by the people who inhabit it. While Guilds build men into masters and Nations continue their disputes, one would be a fool to assume that it is Kings who rule these lands...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
And That's a Wrap
The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:18 am by Kami
This website is now officially closed. All topics must be finished, and all character must register on the New Website All ranking exams will be finished and ranked by a seperate proctor, and all money will be reset to $200 for everyone in order to make way for the new currency system, coming soon.

Comments: 0
Your Site-Moving Questions, Answered~!
The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:12 pm by Kami
We've been getting a good amount of questions regarding the move and the time skip that the move will created for all characters. So here are a few general questions, along with their answers, and of course feel free to post any more concerns you have here.

Q: What abilities or weapons will we be able to add or expand on?
A: Not a whole lot, honestly. I'd say a few improvements on what you already have, but not by a lot, as well as maybe one or two new techniques. Let's not do a major overhaul, because that would then disrupt your rank, which will not change in the move. As for weapons, …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 12
Latest topics
» ゴルフグリップのヒント
The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeby Mangum16 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:58 am

» 冬ゴルフスポーツ
The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeby Mangum16 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:57 am

» Just get a gift--Zebra mask
The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:48 pm

» Do you want this gift---unicorn head mask ?
The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeby landing Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 am

» Funny horse head mask famous by the popular Gangnam Style
The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:27 am

» My favourite horse head mask
The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:34 am

» Horse head mask show
The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 am

» creepy horse head mask
The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 am

» horse mask
The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am

» My favourite horse head mask
The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am

» Where did your username come from?
The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeby Marija Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:52 am

» F4 phantom
The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeby mrblack0301 Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:46 pm

» Google Android Wi-Fi Tablet PC -P711
The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeby hello4grouter Wed May 23, 2012 3:55 am

» Best Android Tablet P724 For Replacing Your Notebook
The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeby hello4grouter Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 am

» Mikoyan MiG-35
The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeby mrblack0301 Mon May 21, 2012 5:24 am

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 63 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:34 pm
Affiliates

The Explaination of Guilds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alyss Frey
Queen of the Sunlit Kingdom
Alyss Frey

Rep. : 6
Nation : Sunlit Kingdom
Guild : The Covenant

The Explaination of Guilds Empty
PostSubject: The Explaination of Guilds   The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:20 pm

Hello everyone! This is your own Alyss, and I will be your teacher this evening. Since I was the one who had thought up of this new aspect, I suppose I have to explain it too...V~V... *huffs* Okay! I am to explain the use of something new you probably haven't seen yet in your roleplaying career ( at least most of you). As many of you have heard from your lovely site owner, we now have something called "guilds"! I'll answer some of your questions to the best of my ability. This thread will act as a FAQ, where I will answer common questions regarding guilds. So here we go!

So. What the heck are the guilds?

There are three guilds in this forum. Each are based upon a different nature of a fighter. Some will say a fighter will be of strength, some of energetic ability, and others will say stealth. These guilds are based upon those three attributes. First you have The Covenant. These are fighters who prize in utmost strength and technique in weapons. Here is where you will find your masters of weapons, from the sword to the whip. Next you have The Academy. The Academy focuses on mental strain: energy techniques, spells, summons, elements, you name it. You'll find the master of chakra, energy, ki, etc in this one place. These are your scholars. Last you have The Underworld. These are people who train stealth, senses, acrobatics, and these are people who can never be cornered in a situation. They always find some way out by sheer movement.

Okay, so what? What's that have to do with me?

Here in these forums, the guilds are important because when one makes a character, they have to choose a guild to join. This is based upon your character's abilities in the BEGINNING. That's right, a character cannot have ultimate magic power at the beginning, or be so fast you can't even see em. You choose a guild based upon where your character stands at. That. Moment. Note that choosing a guild doesn't separate you from other peers, it merely aligns you with people who wish to focus on improving the same attribute you do. Think of it like in Harry Potter terms, except....you're choosing your own House. Razz These are people who are to be your friends and support, and if you want, the guilds even have quarters to room in. I should also mention, other people like drifters, who are welcome to stay in spare rooms in the guild.

WAIT. So that means I have to keep training the same attribute?! WTF.

No no no no. All the guilds VERY much encourage the aspect of a character developing into whoever they wish they want to be. Guilds are there for not only social support, but these are similar to calling your guildmates, classmates or people who study with you. These are partners and people who you grow with, and as the guild expands, and your character may rise higher, you may notice that there are younger and more inexperienced people who need teaching. That's what the guild is for. To teach and make sure everyone is happy.

When I choose a guild, I have to stay there FOREVER?

Yes. Forever.

Forever?! But what if I don't know which to join in the beginning then?

That's alright. I understand that showing loyalty to a guild is difficult because it's a one time thing. If it takes time that's fine. No one should be pressured into going into a guild, though it's very recommended because there are people who can help your journey to get stronger. No one is going to force you into a guild. However, the only way to rank up is through guilds. Without a guild, it's impossible to rank up, but of course, you can still fight as a novice/genin.

Phew. Okay. That takes the pressure off.

Sorry. ^_^

If I decide to join The Covenant, but don't want to go into energy after a little while and focus on strength, is that okay?

As stated before, that's PERFECTLY fine. It's okay to go off on your own and adventure. The guilds are just for support.

But how are guilds run?

In complete anarchy. Haha! But in all seriousness, there is one guild leader--

TYRANNY! >[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

No! >< That's opposite of what the guilds are for. Unlike nations, GUILDS are neutral. They take no side in any nation. Yes. We do have guild leaders for guilds, but guild leaders are not based upon power alone! They are actually based upon on social skills, justness, civility, and most of all, the people. The people of the guild are ones who choose their own guildleader. This guild leader may be a 3rd rank, a 6th rank, or can even be as low as a 1st rank!

But then...what's the purpose of a guild leader then?

Good question. A guild leader's purpose is to be a spokesperson of that guild. They speak the opinion of the people when the 3 guild leaders come together in order to make decisions which come up. In meetings, guild leaders are not called by their name, but by their guild. For example "Academy. What is your opinion on the matter at hand?"

Note that guild leaders may speak straight to the nations if there is a concern that they have. Guild leaders may not be powerful fighters, but they have powerful social standing.

Also, all guild leaders have a title that says what they are. Example: Covenant Leader.

How are Guild Leaders chosen? And can Guild Leaders change over time, or are they permanent placements?

Another good question, not a stupid one. This is something I actually forgot to put in the first post. The method of putting up a guild leader is still pending, and we're letting it soak in our little brains for a bit, but the best I can think of is by democratic vote. By polls, it's possible to get anonymous votes of each candidate. by popular vote, that leader is put into "power" if you could say such. Each leader though has to follow the same simple rules of listening and heeding, taking care in their actions. Afterall, it isn't all about themselves. It truly is not a big responsibility.....if you're actually relying a message to other guild leaders about what other people want. It's all in communication.

And to Guild leaders changing, YES. They DO change, either by the guild leader stepping down and "passing the fire" to another player, which the guild also as to approve, or the guild believes that guild leader is unfit for the role. Your LOGICAL complaints will be reviewed by other guild leaders and therefore a decision will be given from then. If the scenario is the guild leader being impeached, then the process of candidacy repeats over again.

Just to clarify, guilds are kinda like universal labor unions for the members of each nation based on ability?

In a way, yes I would say that's how it would be. The 'universal' being the most correct since none of the guilds [Covenant, Academy, and Underworld] belong specifically to a certain nation. In a sense, all nations would "possess" them. I suppose the easiest way to compare it is though labor unions.......however it r personally leaves a strange taste in my mouth; labor unions are groups based upon their underratted and under paid laboring, while I doubt the training of a character is anything similar to laboring for money...but that's not the point. Yes, in a sense where labor unions are groups of people with similar aristocratic careers coming together, guilds are groups of people with similar abilities coming together.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's about all you have to know about guilds! If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me and send me the question. I will be editing and updating this thread with your questions.

<3,

Alyss.

Last edited by Alyss Frey on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taz
Journeyman of the Sunlit Kingdom
Journeyman of the Sunlit Kingdom
Taz

Rep. : 11

PostSubject: Re: The Explaination of Guilds   The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:57 pm

Is there a place for people who havent yet decided which guild to join? ((Ive probably asked this at some point but I forget the answer...))

How are Guild Leaders choosen? And can Guild Leaders change over time, or are they permanent placements?

Just to clarify, guilds are kinda like universal labor unions for the memebers of each nation based on ability?

Ill ask a million more stupid things as I think of them...
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Alyss Frey

Rep. : 6

PostSubject: Re: The Explaination of Guilds   The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:27 am

These questions will be editted into the first post, but I'll put them here too.

Is there a place for people who haven't yet decided which guild to join?

Unfortunately, no there is not yet a place for people who haven't decided yet. The best answer I can give you is that at the moment it is not too important being in a guild since we're still very new. The necessity of the guild is much more understandable in a stable population at least 12. Then it's possible for characters to actually bond with people around them. The best position I can give you is an all around drifter. Both in nation and in guild. This will only last for now, however. You'll have to join a guild some time.

How are Guild Leaders chosen? And can Guild Leaders change over time, or are they permanent placements?

Another good question, not a stupid one. This is something I actually forgot to put in the first post. The method of putting up a guild leader is still pending, and we're letting it soak in our little brains for a bit, but the best I can think of is by democratic vote. By polls, it's possible to get anonymous votes of each candidate. by popular vote, that leader is put into "power" if you could say such. Each leader though has to follow the same simple rules of listening and heeding, taking care in their actions. Afterall, it isn't all about themselves. It truly is not a big responsibility.....if you're actually relying a message to other guild leaders about what other people want. It's all in communication.

And to Guild leaders changing, YES. They DO change, either by the guild leader stepping down and "passing the fire" to another player, which the guild also as to approve, or the guild believes that guild leader is unfit for the role. Your LOGICAL complaints will be reviewed by other guild leaders and therefore a decision will be given from then. If the scenario is the guild leader being impeached, then the process of candidacy repeats over again.

Just to clarify, guilds are kinda like universal labor unions for the members of each nation based on ability?

In a way, yes I would say that's how it would be. The 'universal' being the most correct since none of the guilds [Covenant, Academy, and Underworld] belong specifically to a certain nation. In a sense, all nations would "possess" them. I suppose the easiest way to compare it is though labor unions.......however it r personally leaves a strange taste in my mouth; labor unions are groups based upon their underratted and under paid laboring, while I doubt the training of a character is anything similar to laboring for money...but that's not the point. Yes, in a sense where labor unions are groups of people with similar aristocratic careers coming together, guilds are groups of people with similar abilities coming together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Explaination of Guilds   The Explaination of Guilds I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Explaination of Guilds
Page 1 of 1