Escellsia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escellsia

A realm both vast and mysterious, largely unexplored by the people who inhabit it. While Guilds build men into masters and Nations continue their disputes, one would be a fool to assume that it is Kings who rule these lands...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
And That's a Wrap
*cough* I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:18 am by Kami
This website is now officially closed. All topics must be finished, and all character must register on the New Website All ranking exams will be finished and ranked by a seperate proctor, and all money will be reset to $200 for everyone in order to make way for the new currency system, coming soon.

Comments: 0
Your Site-Moving Questions, Answered~!
*cough* I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:12 pm by Kami
We've been getting a good amount of questions regarding the move and the time skip that the move will created for all characters. So here are a few general questions, along with their answers, and of course feel free to post any more concerns you have here.

Q: What abilities or weapons will we be able to add or expand on?
A: Not a whole lot, honestly. I'd say a few improvements on what you already have, but not by a lot, as well as maybe one or two new techniques. Let's not do a major overhaul, because that would then disrupt your rank, which will not change in the move. As for weapons, …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 12
Latest topics
» ゴルフグリップのヒント
*cough* I_icon_minitimeby Mangum16 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:58 am

» 冬ゴルフスポーツ
*cough* I_icon_minitimeby Mangum16 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:57 am

» Just get a gift--Zebra mask
*cough* I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:48 pm

» Do you want this gift---unicorn head mask ?
*cough* I_icon_minitimeby landing Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 am

» Funny horse head mask famous by the popular Gangnam Style
*cough* I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:27 am

» My favourite horse head mask
*cough* I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:34 am

» Horse head mask show
*cough* I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 am

» creepy horse head mask
*cough* I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 am

» horse mask
*cough* I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am

» My favourite horse head mask
*cough* I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am

» Where did your username come from?
*cough* I_icon_minitimeby Marija Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:52 am

» F4 phantom
*cough* I_icon_minitimeby mrblack0301 Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:46 pm

» Google Android Wi-Fi Tablet PC -P711
*cough* I_icon_minitimeby hello4grouter Wed May 23, 2012 3:55 am

» Best Android Tablet P724 For Replacing Your Notebook
*cough* I_icon_minitimeby hello4grouter Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 am

» Mikoyan MiG-35
*cough* I_icon_minitimeby mrblack0301 Mon May 21, 2012 5:24 am

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 63 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:34 pm
Affiliates

*cough*

Go down 
+3
the General
Hitomi
Skye Silverclaw
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Skye Silverclaw
King of the Sunlit Kingdom
King of the Sunlit Kingdom
Skye Silverclaw

Rep. : 14
Nation : Sunlit Kingdom
Guild : The Academy
Energy Type : Solar

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:42 am

So.. hi there. It's been a while, guys. Obviously, we're not doing too well with the site and such these days, and I'm very sorry for not doing my part to help as of late. I'm not seeing much going on here anymore; no real roleplay, that is, and I think we all want to find some way to revitalize this community into what we promised to you from the beginning.

Brief announcement I know, but I think this is important. We need to discuss a way to get back on track, and to find some way around these dreadful schedules we all seem to have, both in the administration and users in general.
Back to top Go down
Hitomi
Page of the Sunlit Kingdom
Hitomi

Rep. : 0
Energy Type : Magic

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Mm, I have a suggestion. We should have an event to really get things going. Something that will bring in new users. Perhaps we could go to other sites and get affliates as well, to bring in new users.
Mind you. We're only experiencing this lull in activity because of conflicting shedules, right? People just don't have time to log on and post, or even really keep track of what's going on on Esc.... Well, maybe we should keep Esc the way it is until later... Perhaps until winter break...
Back to top Go down
the General
Sentinel of the Province of Kiez
the General

Rep. : 8
Nation : The Province of Kiez
Guild : The Creed
Energy Type : Kydarin Crystal/Tachyons, Navitas

Character sheet
Race: Construct

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:15 pm

I suggest a tournament. But i guess that wouldn't really help with the getting new players thing. Do you have google bots and yahoo spiders helping with this. and lots of easy common words used for tags.

Advent Destiny is popular. they have active users everyday. Vescrutia was popular in players but got out of hand KHAM!. How did players find out about that. And what did that site do so well that this one does not?
Back to top Go down
Miles Seiler
Knight of the Sunlit Kingdom
Miles Seiler

Rep. : 2
Guild : The Covenant
Energy Type : will, E.B.C.

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:49 am

They probably had more time to advertise their site. What if someone who has a Myspace account makes a group and while i manage the Escallsians group on facebook we spread the word to all we can and explain why Escallsian is a fair and fun site? Also if anyone has msn they could place a message about Escallsian in their display name or display name message thing. Then people would possibly see how many times they see it and ask about it?
Back to top Go down
Hitomi
Hitomi

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:15 pm

You've been spelling the name wrong, Miles. It would be Escellsians... Or maybe even Escellsian Nin.... Or something along those lines. Also, I could go around the the sites I'm a part of and advertise...
Back to top Go down
Miles Seiler
Miles Seiler

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Sorry I will edit asap.
Back to top Go down
Hitomi
Hitomi

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:28 pm

*laughs* It's alright. Not too big of a deal.
Back to top Go down
Miles Seiler
Miles Seiler

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:31 pm

Wait I double checked the actual group and the group name is spelled right its just in this post its spelt wrong is all.
Back to top Go down
Miles Seiler
Miles Seiler

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:24 am

Any result from any advertisement so far?
Back to top Go down
Sadi D
Drifter, 3rd Rank
Drifter, 3rd Rank
Sadi D

Rep. : 3
Energy Type : Chakra

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:58 pm

I agree with Hitomi. We need an event or storyline or something to get things jumpin. However, despite the low activity, I think we should start it like now. That way, people will be encouraged to come on if the reason they're not visiting is because things are kinda slow. I mean, it doesn't have to be like a serious 'if you aren't here, sucks for you' kinda thing. Just a little something to get the ball rolling. Then when break comes, we can really get down to business and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
the General
the General

Character sheet

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:09 pm

A site wide tournament. how does that sound. and if its gonna be something major lets not go destroying villages like Vescrutia did
Back to top Go down
Sadi D
Drifter, 3rd Rank
Drifter, 3rd Rank
Sadi D

Rep. : 3
Energy Type : Chakra

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:22 pm

The thing with tournaments is that they get drawn out when people dun post and can get boring quick. Another thing is making it fair for people of all levels. Like a 1star rank might feel cheated if they have to go against a 4star or something and you can't just exclude the higher ranking people because that's not fair to them. It's not like playing Pokemon (for lack of a better example) where we can just cap our levels.
Back to top Go down
the General
the General

Character sheet

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:24 pm

my rule would be rank doesnt matter. and there would be a ref there to make sure no one god modes or cheats
Back to top Go down
Miles Seiler
Miles Seiler

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 10:56 pm

True, if a tournament was possible we could make everyone equals during it power wise but the matter remains general, some people don't post often so the tournament could go on for days and possibly forever if they forget about the topic. Besides what we need is some way to advertise the site (for free preferably imho) not a forum wide event like a tournament since we don't have many active members to begin with.

Think of it like this a real life example of something i was a part of.

A long while back before a certain event among my friends and my friend's friends I only knew certain people and certain things about some people but after shenaniganza (which i shall explain what it is below) i knew some new friends, learned some new things about them. How does this relate to this matter? Well we may have got to know some new friends and expanded our number of friends and perspective of them but the creators of shenaniganza were expected to hold another shenaniganza this time in summer and they did not have much time or money for it to begin with. aka if we go with your idea and hold an event to add to it some of the new members will expect those things constantly and if they don't get what they want their interest in the site might be dropped completely.

And shenaniganza was a 4 day period where we had 4 parties for 4 straight days (one party per day...err night really) and planned everything, we even had T-shirts made shared booze (which was damn expensive), and played drinking games. aka it was an epically fun event i wish we could redo again but barely anyone ahs the time or money to plan and fund it.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
White Shrew of the Province of Kiez
Ezekiel

Rep. : 5
Nation : Province of Kiez
Energy Type : Navitas, Chakra, Distortion Energy, Astral Energy, Soulforce, Reiatsu, Angelic Energy

Character sheet
Race: Shrew

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:13 pm

Not to put a damper on this, but in my expirience, tourneys are never much fun......unless everyone involved is on enough to post and make it flow......otherwise they end up taking forever, and then it becomes boring....

Also, in order to have a tourney, you have to have members, and more than just me and my billion characters against a mess of other ones from other people....not to mention, a tourney doesn't really even fit into the storyline right now.....

However, if we were to gain members first, and then have an event to get those members more interested, or enough to get them on every, or close to every night, then you could pop in a tourney, which would probably work out great....or it might not, it depends....

SO, yeah just to recap, tourney is not really a good idea right now.....in my opinion anyways....
Back to top Go down
Rozalyn
Supreme Flame of the Depths
Supreme Flame of the Depths
Rozalyn

Nation : Citadel Risen from the Depths
Energy Type : Tenrai Energy

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:11 am

If I hear Tourtament or Tourney one more time, I'm gonna start destroying landscapes >:] They are never fun, everyone wants to win, no one knows when to quit, and the winner never gets anything but the satisfaction that they rped their way to victory. SO what? Its like something that will boast an ego and make many feel bad.

Kazujin had a good idea of an event, and the post is around here somewhere...But you all HAVE to remember: Events means being active. I looked at the who logged in within the last 24 hours, and excluding myself, its about 4 of us, and I won't even count double characters. Who the hell would want to join a site who barely has anyone visit it everyday, and nothing is going on. Sure, were all busy, or a few of us have internet problems and have restricted time here, but some of that siht will have to be set aside if you truly want this place to take off. Hell, I don't care how you do it; Make a topic about the latest naruto chapter (which was epic by the way) so others will log on for at least a minute or two to post their response.

I know back on the depths, to get everyone fighting and siht, Me and Rion had one epic battle simply so that people will come visit just to read it, and be inspired (somewhat) to get that strong. Start a little bit, well, LITTLE before making some bigass event. Now if we were to have like 5 ACTIVE fights around the site, then surely it would look more interesting, cause people have something to look back on. They look back on our examples, they follow our lead, and if the leaders aren't active, then the members won't be active.

So a synopsis of my previous rant would be: NO EVENT, MORE FIGHTS WITH ACTIVE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY FINISH. I mean really, some of these fights haven't been touched in weeks. And for those of you who think I'm a Hypocrite, know that my computer was, and still is, screwed up, so I can only get on when I can. As of recently, my computer is, usuable, but still screwed up.

P.S no offense, but the giant tree of life is a bit dull and boring. Spice it up a bit with something :3
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Ezekiel

Rep. : 5
Nation : Province of Kiez
Energy Type : Navitas, Chakra, Distortion Energy, Astral Energy, Soulforce, Reiatsu, Angelic Energy

Character sheet
Race: Shrew

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:42 am

ditto.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

*cough* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cough*   *cough* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*cough*
Page 1 of 1