Escellsia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escellsia

A realm both vast and mysterious, largely unexplored by the people who inhabit it. While Guilds build men into masters and Nations continue their disputes, one would be a fool to assume that it is Kings who rule these lands...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
And That's a Wrap
The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:18 am by Kami
This website is now officially closed. All topics must be finished, and all character must register on the New Website All ranking exams will be finished and ranked by a seperate proctor, and all money will be reset to $200 for everyone in order to make way for the new currency system, coming soon.

Comments: 0
Your Site-Moving Questions, Answered~!
The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:12 pm by Kami
We've been getting a good amount of questions regarding the move and the time skip that the move will created for all characters. So here are a few general questions, along with their answers, and of course feel free to post any more concerns you have here.

Q: What abilities or weapons will we be able to add or expand on?
A: Not a whole lot, honestly. I'd say a few improvements on what you already have, but not by a lot, as well as maybe one or two new techniques. Let's not do a major overhaul, because that would then disrupt your rank, which will not change in the move. As for weapons, …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 12
Latest topics
» ゴルフグリップのヒント
The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeby Mangum16 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:58 am

» 冬ゴルフスポーツ
The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeby Mangum16 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:57 am

» Just get a gift--Zebra mask
The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:48 pm

» Do you want this gift---unicorn head mask ?
The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeby landing Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 am

» Funny horse head mask famous by the popular Gangnam Style
The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:27 am

» My favourite horse head mask
The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:34 am

» Horse head mask show
The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 am

» creepy horse head mask
The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 am

» horse mask
The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am

» My favourite horse head mask
The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am

» Where did your username come from?
The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeby Marija Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:52 am

» F4 phantom
The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeby mrblack0301 Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:46 pm

» Google Android Wi-Fi Tablet PC -P711
The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeby hello4grouter Wed May 23, 2012 3:55 am

» Best Android Tablet P724 For Replacing Your Notebook
The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeby hello4grouter Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 am

» Mikoyan MiG-35
The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeby mrblack0301 Mon May 21, 2012 5:24 am

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 63 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:34 pm
Affiliates

The Light in Frodo's Face

Go down 
AuthorMessage
l0ve0fevil

Rep. : 0

The Light in Frodo's Face  Empty
PostSubject: The Light in Frodo's Face    The Light in Frodo's Face  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 11:45 pm

This came up on another thread, and I wanted to post it separately to try and understand what is going on. Several passages refer to a light which radiates from Frodo's eyes or face, or alternately to a light in other's faces which Frodo is able to see.

The first time, I believe, was in Tom Bombadil's house. Here, Frodo, on seeing Goldberry, feels "his heart moved with a joy that he did not understand". (She must have been some beautiful woman!) She replies to him: "... But I see you are an Elf-friend; the light in your eyes and the ring in your voice tells it."

In Lorien, Frodo found Aragorn "standing still and silent as a tree; but in his hand as a small golden bloom of elanor, and a light was in his eye. He was wrapped in some fair memory: and as Frodo looked at him he knew that he beheld things as they once had been in this same place."

Later, in the depth of Mordor, Sam commented on the face of the sleeping Frodo:

Quote:
He was reminded suddenly of Frodo as he had lain, asleep in the House of Elrond after his deadly wound. Then as he had kept watch Sam had noticed that at times a light seemed to be shining faintly within; but now the light was even clearer and sronger. Frodo's face was peaceful, the marks of fear and care had left it; but it looked old, old and beautiful, as if the chiselling of the shaping years was now revealed in many fine lines which had been hidden, though the identity of the face had not changed. He shook his head, as if finding words useless, and murmured: I love him. He's like that, and sometimes it shines through, somehow. But I love him, whether or no." (II, 260)
It is quite amazing that Frodo's face should look "old and beautiful", since we know the Ring preserves its bearer in a stretched, taut state of youth that will not diminish till the Ring itself is put down. But here, it is as if the light in Frodo's face has the power to protect him, at least temporarily, from this artificial state of youth.

There may be other examples of this light, but before I go hunting for them, could someone help me with this: What exactly does this light represent, both that which is in Frodo's face, and that which he has the ability to see in the faces of at least some others? Is it merely a reflection of the moral power of goodness or the greater "spiritual" awareness and growth of the character? Is it tied into the fact that Frodo (and for that matter Aragorn) is an Elf-friend? Don't Elves also have a light shining from their faces, especially those who've been to Amon? (Think I saw that on another thread.) If so, how does Frodo's light relate to that of the Elves?

Any help or insight would be appreciated. sharon, the 7th age hobbit

water cooler
discount medical plan
Back to top Go down

The Light in Frodo's Face
Page 1 of 1