Escellsia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escellsia

A realm both vast and mysterious, largely unexplored by the people who inhabit it. While Guilds build men into masters and Nations continue their disputes, one would be a fool to assume that it is Kings who rule these lands...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
And That's a Wrap
Studys.... I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:18 am by Kami
This website is now officially closed. All topics must be finished, and all character must register on the New Website All ranking exams will be finished and ranked by a seperate proctor, and all money will be reset to $200 for everyone in order to make way for the new currency system, coming soon.

Comments: 0
Your Site-Moving Questions, Answered~!
Studys.... I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:12 pm by Kami
We've been getting a good amount of questions regarding the move and the time skip that the move will created for all characters. So here are a few general questions, along with their answers, and of course feel free to post any more concerns you have here.

Q: What abilities or weapons will we be able to add or expand on?
A: Not a whole lot, honestly. I'd say a few improvements on what you already have, but not by a lot, as well as maybe one or two new techniques. Let's not do a major overhaul, because that would then disrupt your rank, which will not change in the move. As for weapons, …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 12
Latest topics
» ゴルフグリップのヒント
Studys.... I_icon_minitimeby Mangum16 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:58 am

» 冬ゴルフスポーツ
Studys.... I_icon_minitimeby Mangum16 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:57 am

» Just get a gift--Zebra mask
Studys.... I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:48 pm

» Do you want this gift---unicorn head mask ?
Studys.... I_icon_minitimeby landing Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 am

» Funny horse head mask famous by the popular Gangnam Style
Studys.... I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:27 am

» My favourite horse head mask
Studys.... I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:34 am

» Horse head mask show
Studys.... I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 am

» creepy horse head mask
Studys.... I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 am

» horse mask
Studys.... I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am

» My favourite horse head mask
Studys.... I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am

» Where did your username come from?
Studys.... I_icon_minitimeby Marija Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:52 am

» F4 phantom
Studys.... I_icon_minitimeby mrblack0301 Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:46 pm

» Google Android Wi-Fi Tablet PC -P711
Studys.... I_icon_minitimeby hello4grouter Wed May 23, 2012 3:55 am

» Best Android Tablet P724 For Replacing Your Notebook
Studys.... I_icon_minitimeby hello4grouter Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 am

» Mikoyan MiG-35
Studys.... I_icon_minitimeby mrblack0301 Mon May 21, 2012 5:24 am

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 63 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:34 pm
Affiliates

Studys....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ezekiel
White Shrew of the Province of Kiez
Ezekiel

Rep. : 5
Nation : Province of Kiez
Guild : The Academy
Energy Type : Navitas, Chakra, Distortion Energy, Astral Energy, Soulforce, Reiatsu, Angelic Energy

Character sheet
Race: Shrew

Studys.... Empty
PostSubject: Studys....   Studys.... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:14 pm

Sciences

Biology
Geology
Meteorology
Oceanography
Astronomy
Chemistry
Physics
Zoology

Phiolosophies

Necromancy
Teliology
Mysticism
Occlutiology
Chronology
Gaianology
Fortuneology
Animaliology
Minionism
Astrology

There are 9 basic elements that can be gained from the Studys, with many more Im sure that can be made otherwise. Here I'll list all of the Main nine.

Wind
Lightning
Ice
Poison
Wood
Metal
Water
Fire
Earth

Here I will go over the basic abilities of each Study and which elements can be gained from that Study.
Not all Studys provide elemental control (all sciences, and 1 phiolosophy)

Biology: Power over living things, cells, etc. Can manipulate poison, heal, summon plants and animals to aid, etc.
Biology Elements: Wood, Poison

Geology: Power over the earth, minerals, heat, flame, etc. Can control earth, dirt, mud, fire, crystals, etc.
Geology Elements: Earth, Fire, Metal

Meteorology: Power over the weather. Controls lightning, wind, rain, ice, snow, etc.
Meteorology Elements: Water, Wind, Ice, Lightning

Oceanography: Power over water, marine animals, and plants, etc.
Oceanography Elements: Water, Ice

Astronomy: Control over Starfire, Blackholes, Meterites, Reading the planets (astrology), Gravity, etc.
Astronomy Elements: Fire, Earth, Ice

Chemistry: Control over Periodic Elements, chemicals, chemical reactions, etc...
Chemistry Elements: Wind, Poison, Earth, Fire, Metal, Water, Ice, Lightning

Physics: Matter control, power over laws of nature, gravity, friction, etc.
Physics Elements: Metal, Lightning, Ice, Fire

Gaianology: Power over Natural Earth Elements: Water, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Wood.
Gaianology Elements: Earth, Water, Fire, Wood, Metal

Elemental Control Rule: Each Study that gives you a element that is the same as one that another of your Studys has give you more power over that element. Its called Aspects. From one Study you learn how to control an element a certain way, where another Study teaches you how to control the same element a different way. If you combine those two knowledges, you have an easier time controling the element, and it takes you less effort. SO, for people looking to get higher control over elements, both your rank and your Elemental Aspects count for this. I have a system set up that we will be able to determine your level against other people, so that if is comes into question, we will be able to determine it. Your Greater Studys also play a role in this, as explained below....

Greater Studys:

Greater Studys refers to those Studys that a Shrew learned first and are the most comfortable with/have the most power over. What sets Shrews apart from one another as far as powers go, is their Greater Studys, and the combinations of those Studys. A Shrew cannot combine powers of different Studys except for two reasons.

1. If they are in a Shrew's Greater Studys

2. If they are elemental traits as explained above...

An example would be a Shrew that has the ability of Heavy Lava. They would have as their Greater Studys Astronomy, Geology, Physics, and Chemistry, as an example. They would combine the fire from all 4, the earth from all 4, and the gravity from Astronomy and Physics to create super-heavy and super hot lava. That being a poor example, but you get the point.

Other Studys that you have gained apart from these 4 cannot be used to enhance your special power, or a Shrews Altus
Back to top Go down
Rozalyn
Supreme Flame of the Depths
Supreme Flame of the Depths
Rozalyn

Rep. : 8
Nation : Citadel Risen from the Depths
Guild : The Creed
Energy Type : Tenrai Energy

Studys.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studys....   Studys.... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:56 pm

Wouldn't metal branch from earth?
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Ezekiel

Energy Type : Navitas, Chakra, Distortion Energy, Astral Energy, Soulforce, Reiatsu, Angelic Energy

Character sheet

Studys.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studys....   Studys.... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:12 pm

Zion: No, as I have take 5 main elements from chinese legend, Fire, Water, Earth, Metal, and Wood, and then added a few, metal, to a shrew, is a different element. Same arguement with Ice, it techniquely is water, but in a different form. I suppose I could put magma up there, as it is earth and fire, but Im saying that those are the main nine.....A person who controls earth cannot necessarily control metal, and a person who controls metal cannot necessarily control earth.....

This may make no sense, but think about it, if you take a magnet, and you put it up to a clump of dirt, are you gunna be able to pick up that clump of dirt, because there may be small fragments of metalic substance in there...? No, so in essence, the reason someone can control metal is more because in Physics you learn about magnatism, and its ability to stick to metal, and in Chemistry you learn about all the different types of metal. So.....yeah, that probably make no sense....so if you have more questions about it, I'll try to answer them, if this doesn't help.... Very Happy

Another few things to note.

To gain another Study, one must research in the library AND train with a particular race/professer of that Study. You cant just go to the library, and then suddenly know the Study.

If one Shrew has a Altus, you CANNOT copy and make yours the same, UNLESS they give you permission, and/or they (with that character) train your in the use of that particular Altus. (You have to have the necessary Greater Studys to use that Altus).

An Altus is a combination of different Studys. Gravity Manipulation cannot be an Altus as it can be accessed from different Studys, or just one. Heavy Lava is a Altus as it comes from 2 or more different Studys, and creates something that is hard to produce with another combination of Studys.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Ezekiel

Character sheet

Studys.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studys....   Studys.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:16 pm

Ok, in editting of above, there will be a new change with combinations, and Altus and what not.

There will be three different combinations: Crudus, Altus, and Eximius. Each will take a different rank to achieve.

Crudus: This is a combination of two greater studys that a shrew has (since a shrew can only combine studys that are their greater studys, or the first 4 they master). It can be any combination of the study, any combination of the aspects within the study. Any shrew, no matter the rank can achieve a Crudus, as long as they have mastered two studys (if you have only one, you obiviously cannot have one). A shrew is restricted to only 7 different Crudus, and Shrews, for the most part, should not have the same Crudus.

Altus: This is a step up from a Crudus. Altus is a combination of three Greater Studys that a Shrew has, a combination of any of the aspects of those Studys. Only Shrews of a Thane rank (Fifth Rank) or higher can create a Altus. A Shrew can only develope a total of 3 Altus. A Crudus that a Shrew had before can be developed into a Altus by comboing in another aspect from a different Study. If this happens, the person can either keep the previous Crudus, or cut it out of their list. IF kept, it still counts towards their 7 Crudus count.

Eximius: This is the final combination that a Shrew can make. It is a combination of aspects from all 4 Greater Studys that a Shrew has. Only Shrews with a Harbinger (3rd Rank) or higher can create a Eximius, and Shrews can only have ONE Eximius. Other Altus can be converted into an Eximius by adding a final aspect from the last Greater Study that a Shrew has. (Same rule about the count for Eximius and Altus, as is Altus and Crudus above)

The above rule about Altus in the post before this one is VOID, as this replaces that rule.

I will use the Heavy Lava example from above to illistrate this new rule.

Shrew:BOB.

Greater Studys: Geology, Astronomy, Physics, Chemistry.

Example Crudus: Heavy Lava: Geology + Astronomy: Earth x2 + Fire x2 + Gravity = Heavy, Hot Molten Earth (Magma/Lava).

Altus Example A: Core Lava: Geology + Astronomy + Physics: Earth x2 + Fire x2 + Gravity x2 = Very Heavy, Hot Molten Lava. (Increased in Weight from Crudus above)

OR

Other Altus Example B: Core Lava: Geology + Astronomy + Chemistry: Earth x3 + Fire x3 + Gravity = Heavy, Very Hot Molten Lava (Increased in heat, and overall control from Crudus Above)

Exminius Example: Titan Lava: Geology + Astronomy + Physics + Chemistry: Earth x3 + Fire x3 + Gravity x2 = Very Heavy, Very Hot Molten Lava (Increased in Heat and over all control from Altus A and increased in Weight from Altus B [weight doubled])

Hope this makes sense, and that my example didnt confuse you XD....
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Ezekiel

Character sheet

Studys.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studys....   Studys.... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:11 pm

Dice Rolls and Studys: Here I will post any rules for using dice rolling for studys. This will be updated when needed.

Dice Rolls in Fortuneology/ Luck Energy:

When a person wishes to use Luck energy, they must roll a single die, and also specify before hand what would happen in either situation provided by the dice roll. When using Positive Luck Energy, you need a positive number on a dice roll to make whatever probability successfully increase for you. If you roll a odd number, than it won't happen, or the opposite may happen. For Bad Luck, its the opposite, you have to roll a odd number to get a successful change, and an even number will end in nothing happening or the opposite intended. NOTE: 1. You must roll separately for Bad Luck and Positive L.E. 2. You only need to roll if the probability change will end in a possible striking your opponent or effecting your opponent in some way. If you are using it to effect only yourself, say improving your stamina or making your techniques not waste energy, then you need not roll. In this way, you will ALWAYS roll for Bad Luck, and will roll half the time for P.L.E.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Studys.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studys....   Studys.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Studys....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Escellsia :: Northeast :: The Province of Kiez :: Rules :: Shrewish Law-
Jump to: