Escellsia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escellsia

A realm both vast and mysterious, largely unexplored by the people who inhabit it. While Guilds build men into masters and Nations continue their disputes, one would be a fool to assume that it is Kings who rule these lands...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
And That's a Wrap
Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:18 am by Kami
This website is now officially closed. All topics must be finished, and all character must register on the New Website All ranking exams will be finished and ranked by a seperate proctor, and all money will be reset to $200 for everyone in order to make way for the new currency system, coming soon.

Comments: 0
Your Site-Moving Questions, Answered~!
Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:12 pm by Kami
We've been getting a good amount of questions regarding the move and the time skip that the move will created for all characters. So here are a few general questions, along with their answers, and of course feel free to post any more concerns you have here.

Q: What abilities or weapons will we be able to add or expand on?
A: Not a whole lot, honestly. I'd say a few improvements on what you already have, but not by a lot, as well as maybe one or two new techniques. Let's not do a major overhaul, because that would then disrupt your rank, which will not change in the move. As for weapons, …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 12
Latest topics
» ゴルフグリップのヒント
Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeby Mangum16 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:58 am

» 冬ゴルフスポーツ
Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeby Mangum16 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:57 am

» Just get a gift--Zebra mask
Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:48 pm

» Do you want this gift---unicorn head mask ?
Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeby landing Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 am

» Funny horse head mask famous by the popular Gangnam Style
Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:27 am

» My favourite horse head mask
Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:34 am

» Horse head mask show
Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 am

» creepy horse head mask
Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 am

» horse mask
Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am

» My favourite horse head mask
Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am

» Where did your username come from?
Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeby Marija Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:52 am

» F4 phantom
Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeby mrblack0301 Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:46 pm

» Google Android Wi-Fi Tablet PC -P711
Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeby hello4grouter Wed May 23, 2012 3:55 am

» Best Android Tablet P724 For Replacing Your Notebook
Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeby hello4grouter Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 am

» Mikoyan MiG-35
Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeby mrblack0301 Mon May 21, 2012 5:24 am

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 63 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:34 pm
Affiliates

Lin's Techs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Linnea Redhunt
Page of the Sunlit Kingdom
Linnea Redhunt

Rep. : 0
Nation : Sunlit Kingdom
Guild : The Academy

Lin's Techs Empty
PostSubject: Lin's Techs   Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:42 am

The only physical ability Lin can muster is the advantage of size. Her small size grants her mobility, but still no strength. Her speed is above average, but with a taller and larger person, they would catch her easily.

As known, Lin is one who is only able to use her abilities to heal. Anything else that will be used for offense means cannot be thrown, used to block, etc. The only solidity she finds her abilities will have is through healing.

Because she has had a well known teacher on the Vescrutian plane, she has learned much from him. Not only is she able to heal mortal wounds, including working on torn organs, broken tendons, and others on a human, Linnea can also "heal" materials. With a broken wooden table, Linnea can replicate the material of wood and fill in what is needed in order for it to be used again. With denser material, it would take longer to replicate, however with wounds and flesh, she works the quickest.

Here are things she can do:
Broken limbs and bones
Small cuts and bruises
Fractured limbs and bones
Anything sprained
Internal bleeding
Can clot wounds quickly in order to stop bleeding[generally used in combat]
Sedative and painkiller through energetic means
Torn organs(can replace rough and smooth muscle)
Torn muscles and skin
Adding more if needed.....
Back to top Go down
Linnea Redhunt
Linnea Redhunt

Lin's Techs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lin's Techs   Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:31 am

Card Summoning

Okay gais. This isn't original, but it is. I had this idea for Linnea since the day she was born, back when I used to play Magic. This is how it works:

For those who know what Magic is and how it works, move on to the next post.

For the beginners who don't know how Magic works/ does not know what Magic is:
Magic the Gathering is a card game (yeah I know you all will be like "OMG YU GI OH", stand down child, stand. Down.) that incorpates 5 colors (or elements) into play. These are Red, Blue, Green, White, and Black. Each color has their own "attributes" if you will and each play differently from the other, some most vast, some less.

There are creatures for each color (as said before, all playing differently). When a creature is summoned, it is called being "out in[to] play" (different from "out OF play", mind you). All creatures have a rarity, and for simplicities sake, let's call them ranks. Each creature has an amount of "hit points" and "attack points". Weaker units have lower numbers and higher units have higher numbers. These are seperated by a /, where the left side of the / is the attack points and the right side is the defense or hit points.[Example: unit with 5 hitpoints and 3 attack = 3/5, unit with 8 hitpoints and 10 attack = 10/8]

Black rank is a common, a creature not too special. Depending on the color, they have the "average" to weak durability and attack. [For example: Red is often weak so their average could be 2 hit points and 2 attack points, while Green is stronger, so their average could be 4 hit points and 4 attack points.] Commons are usually easier to find and one gets them 1/3 more than one does get the other ranks.
The next rank is Silver which is of course stronger than Black. Most Silvers (not all) have hit points that are higher than Black ranks, also depending on the Color of the creature. Silvers also have what Black ranks don't, special abilities.
The last rank is Gold, which is strongest of all 3 ranks. The difference between Silver and Gold is that their abilities tend to make a bigger impact than the Silver's. Not only this, but some Golds may come with 2-3 abilities, depending on the creature. Golds don't always have to have higher numbers than Silvers, it's often their abilities that make them shine

So what are special abilities? First off, as you read, Silver and Golds only have these abilities. These special abilities can depend on certain circumstances being met. [For example, a Green Silver may require two other Green units to be "out in play" in order for his/her/its ability to be activated.] Abilities may go to the certain individual unit, or to the whole group of units. [Individual unit ex: when the ability is activated, that unit it is activated for gains +3/+3 to it's original 4/4 making it a 7/7 unit. Group ex: when the ability is activated, that unit and the rest of the units in play gain +2/+2 to their original numbers]

Each creature needs lands to be put out in play. These "lands" come randomly as a player draws cards. Imagine lands as the amount of energy, in other words, lands are the energy that creatures need to be summoned. A person is free to put down a land, but it takes a turn to summon creatures, . A person may summon numerous creatures at once, only if they pay the significant amount of land to do so. All creatures have a different number of land in order to be summoned. As a unit gets stronger, or their rank gets higher, most likely their number of land to be summoned will get higher as well.

Magic also has are spells. Spells are casted by one player to hurt, disable, or give some type of status upon the opponent or their team. Spells are unblockable by an opponent or creature. The only way one can "block" a spell is to use a counter spell card. That cancels the spell.

Lastly, when a creature is put into play, they don't always have to attack. Sometimes, some players set ground work down with a few creatures first before they begin to attack. The reason behind this is, if one attack with their creatures, they are helpless if their opponent can block. It takes no turn to block. The opponent can choose whatever unit they want to block which can withstand it (or choose one they don't care to die) to take the whole of the damage. A common strategy is to build a good defense before moving on an offense.

Here are the Colors and their attributes.

Red = The Fast; weak, but has speed, takes little to summon
Green = The Sturdy; high attack, high defense, but slow, and takes more to summon
White = The Healers, can heal, many are fliers, moderate attack and defense, average to low land to summon
Black = The Dead; necromancy and life drainers, low attack, moderate defense, average land to summon
Blue = The Mystic; mages and the like, many blue cards are spells, high attack, low defense, moderate speed, average land to summon

Each Color is not limited to their types of creatures. All Colors but Green have fliers. But Green makes up for it by having anti-aerial units. All Colors have creatures that do not take much to summon.

Last edited by Linnea Redhunt on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Linnea Redhunt
Linnea Redhunt

Lin's Techs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lin's Techs   Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:32 am

How this relates to Linnea's powers:

Linnea is a summoner. She is able to summon monsters straight from the game. However because this forum (and other forums) involve the idea of rank and how one has to fit into ranks, Lin is only allowed certain amount of monsters (mainly for my sake @.@). She will have monsters of every color, meaning she would have monsters that she would summon depending on the situation at hand and how each color would handle it. [Example: Lin would summon a Blue or a White, fliers, in order to be a messenger or to scout an area.]

As Lin ranks up, she is allowed/gains more monsters. But, at her rank, 7, she can only have 2-3 monsters for each color. Not only this, but they will be commons, maybe, maybe not 1 Silver. By Rank 6, she should have all commons and 1-2 Silver. As she continues to rank, Linnea gains more Silvers.

Golds are only obtained through missions and if a Nature wills it.

The aspect of stronger monster = more lands to summon is definitely still a go. But how do these lands work for Linnea you ask? Simple: 1. Linnea starts with one of each land so she may have a chance to defend herself 2. Every post/turn it is Linnea's she gains one land. 3. When Linnea is fighting in a certain area, it is MY responsiblity to look at the lands which I am working around. These grant and give me the certain colors of land that Lin can recieve. [For example: Take South; it is made up of 4 places: The Pit; Black Earth; Hill of New Life; and the Sunlit Kingdom[yes Kingdoms and Guilds count as well]. The Pit = Red, Black Earth = Black, HoNL = random[life energy does not have a definite element], and then lastly Sunlit Kingdom = White]. Lin is able to grab one land of whatever color she wants from these 4 places, but only one each post.

Though Magic the Gathering is labelled as a card game, Linnea will not be using cards. In fact, she will be using floating orbs. There are two kinds of orbs: colored orbs and non-colored orbs. Colored orbs are lands. They are what fuels the colorless orbs, or the monsters. The monsters are these colorless orbs that she holds in her open right hand. Her left hand is for recieving and offering lands. When summoning, Linnea chooses a colorless monster orb and puts it in front of her. It stays in front of her as she pulls out the appropriate colored land that fills its needs. When this happens, the spirit orb and the land merge, allowing the mixture of color and also the appearance of the monster itself.

Note that orbs, whether monster or land, are not of material. One cannot harm these orbs, destroy them or anything of the sort because they aren't the very land or monster itself. In fact, these orbs are merely a link of "communication". These orbs are immaterial, neither an energy type or a physical shape. They also "follow" Linnea and, like magnets, come to her hands. I like to call them summoner hands, where the orbs are pulled by forces that can't be replicated in just anyone's hands. Linnea does not have to be on the ground or standing in order to have this power.

Monsters have system of Hit points and attack points like in the actual game. There will be a 4/4 type of monster. "How will you determine if I kill it or not then?"; All of this depends on rank. If someone is of same rank as Lin, then one can expect that it would be harder to kill the monster than if someone was of a higher rank. Yes, as Lin ranks up, these monsters grow stronger....but only within their numbers. Let me explain(this one is important so I chose not to put it in brackets): When Lin starts out, she has one unit of Red which is 2/2 and another which is Green, a 4/4. By the time Lin is rank 4, these units will unarguably be stronger. However, the Red will never be as strong or stronger than Green. Green will always be stronger than Red and Red will always be weaker than Green. It just basically means that Green continues to be stronger than Red, even if Lin ranks up. It's just that Red's speed will increase and Green's strength will increase, but they will never change as units, not even the amount of land needed to summon them.

Linnea is also capable of casting spells like in the actual game. However spells do NOT work the same way. Unlike in the real game, the opponent CAN dodge a spell, however it will be difficult to since it comes quickly. Spells require lands just like monsters do.
Back to top Go down
Decretum
Warrior of the Depths
Warrior of the Depths
Decretum

Energy Type : Magic

Lin's Techs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lin's Techs   Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:48 am

Linnea Redhunt wrote:
Because she has had a well known teacher on the Vescrutian plane, she has learned much from him.

Just had to point that out xD
Back to top Go down
Linnea Redhunt
Linnea Redhunt

Lin's Techs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lin's Techs   Lin's Techs I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:47 am

Awww funny you picked that one sentence out. <3 xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lin's Techs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lin's Techs   Lin's Techs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lin's Techs
Page 1 of 1